Wednesday, February 18

CR-Ex: 1.1 Steps 2 & 3

I'm going to change the assignment slighty because I'm between two topics and I'd like to explore them both. I highlighted some in yellow and some in red. The yellow were things I could write a paper on, only because I know a little about them. Unfortunately, I don't have the desire to write about them, and that's were red comes in. I may not know everything about these topics but they are subjects I wouldn't mind writing about. I've already stated that I'm not that into this semesters English course, so I really need something that I WANT to write about.

The two I'm stuck between are Controversy's Over Population and History's Murderers. Both of them fascinate me, although I know more about the murderers than over population. But, I'm more interested in over population. I'm afriad a murderer paper may be too generic, but then an over pop. would be too sensitive for people to enjoy. I have to think of my audience too... I think murderers are interesting to ppl and I'm not sure ppl are ready or want to hear about over population. This is very tough.........

Over population:

Who is concerned about over pop?
Who should be concerned?
How many resources does it take to care for one child for 18 years?
What is average child/household ratio?
What kinds of population control methods are out there/being used elsewhere?
What will the world look like in 50 years w/o pop. control--with it?
Are there any organizations for or against it?
Should the government be able to do something about it?
Is there really any concern?
Will mother nature/Earth deal with it if need be? !!!Kind of goes in a diiferent direction, which is possible...

Murderers:

One, single person, doubles, mass, murder/suicide, spree, serial, man, woman, organizations???

Nevermind...I'm going to stick with Over Population. Too many avenues otherwise. And, really I have to write for myself first of all, and then think of others... definately need a concrete audience though. Either the scientific world or all the ignorants. Opposite sides of the spectrum, so that's interesting... I think I'll go ignorants--they're the ones that need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment